E te tangata te mihi atu ki a koutou katoa.
Ko Chris Webster – Koura, Te Weehi, Wairere, Maniapoto.
To the constituents of Nga Tai ki Uta - covering nine local authorities - I welcome the challenge to represent you and your interests.
My collective experience and expertise in land-use planning, major infrastructural project management and geography, are a natural fit with the objectives, purpose, functions and legal frameworks of the regional council.
I have advocated and appeared before council hearings, qualified as a hearings commissioner and given evidence as an expert witness at the Environment Court and the High Court.
I hold tertiary qualifications in engineering management, business planning and environmental geography.
For almost 14 years I have actively represented the interests of land-owners and ratepayers and have strongly advocated direct participation in the political planning process within local government.
Top 5 Issues
- Affirm Nga Tai ki Uta as a distinct constituency within Waikato and enhance the value and contribution of Maori land-owner, rate-payer citizens participation through direct representation.
- Maintain high quality environment standards and practices, efficiency in compliance delivery and meaningful leadership.
- Given that Nga Tai ki Uta contains 9-local authorities and where one councillor is to represent the views of 29 300 citizens: it is reasonable therefore that all councillors agree to to converge planning and financial management controls, roading and wastewater contracts which in turn would reduce / remove duplicate costs and expenses.
- Maintain general rates at 2003 levels without reduction in or loss of primary services.
Ensure all / any work program is fit for purpose and within budget as set out in the long-term plan and reflects core function of regional council.
Propose cost savings in service provision such as contract management, publicity, employment, vehicle purchases and legal services.
- Keep people and their communities well informed and to maintain for full democratic access and participation.
20 August 2013
You may wish also to visit my campaign blog.
Authorised by Chris Webster of 152 Hobson Street, Auckland 1010